Swedish Talent for U.S. Business
The Trainee Program offers U.S. companies the opportunity to host highly qualified, mature and bilingual trainees from Sweden on a J-1 visa. With a minimum age of 21, the trainee candidates are Bachelor’s or Master’s degree graduates, or they have a couple of years of experience and specialized skills in their field. The J-1 visa trainee program offered by the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce is a great chance to acquire a European mindset during a period of 3 weeks to 18 months.
Why hire a Swedish trainee or intern through the SACC J1-visa program?
- Cost efficient – SACC-Greater Ohio Region advice the host company (but it is not required) to pay the trainee a stipend equivalent to the cost of living in the host company’s location. There are generally no social security or medicine taxes for a J-1 trainee. The trainee generally pays his or her own insurance and travel expenses.
- Qualified trainees – Well-educated, motivated and bilingual trainees for up to 18 months.
- International presence – The trainee will bring a Scandinavian perspective to your organization.
- Minimum administration – SACC guides you and your trainee through the application process and helps with the necessary documentation making the entire process quick and easy.
We offer qualified trainees from the top Swedish Universities in the following fields:
- Trade and Commerce
- Industrial Occupations
- Public Administration
Host Company Requirements
- Have an Employer Identification Number and Workman’s Compensation Insurance
- Provide continuous training and supervision
- Have at least one fulltime employee working at the office where the intern/trainee will do the training.
- The host company must be a SACC-Greater Ohio Region Corporate- or Enterprise member
Categories and fees
Length Visa Service Fee SEVIS fee
0-3 months $ 800 $ 180
4-6 months $ 1200 $ 180
7-12 months $ 1700 $ 180
13-18 months $ 2000 $ 180