SACC-Ohio officially opened in June of 2006, SACC- Ohio is SACC-USA’s 19th chamber and serves the greater Ohio region, which includes
- Western Pennsylvania,
- Eastern Indiana,
- Western New York,
- Kentucky and
- West Virginia.
The chamber is located in Cleveland, which together with its metro area is the largest commercial center in Ohio. It is also a major shipping port for the Great Lakes, a hub for Continental Airlines, and home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Federal Reserve Bank.
Recently, SACC-Ohio started a satellite activity in Columbus to cover the important central and Southern Ohio regions. Nearly 50% of the US market for manufacturing, American households and population lie within an overnight shipping distance from Ohio. In addition, the Ohio region offers the following:
- Low cost of living in beautiful suburbs
- World class medical facilities, such as the Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals
- Strong technical business clusters including biotech, polymers, fuel cells, specialty manufacturing and design
- Excellent transportation infrastructure
- Leading legal, accounting and financial institutions
- A significant manufacturing base and supporting businesses
- Experienced workforce and abundant excellent institutions of higher education
- Outstanding, world-class cultural institutions
” To promote trade, commerce and investment between Sweden and the Ohio region.”
SACC-Ohio organizes monthly meetings except for the summer months. Most of these meetings will have the form of pleasant get-togethers for networking and discussions in a cozy atmosphere. We welcome both members and guests to all of our meetings.
Some months will feature bigger events, including company visits, joint meetings with other chambers, etc..
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, independent 501(c)(6) organization, tax ID: 94-1745247. What does 501(c)(6) mean?