SACC-Ohio officially opened in June of 2006, SACC- Ohio is SACC-USA’s 19th chamber and serves the greater Ohio region, which includes Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Indiana, Western New York, Kentucky and West Virginia. The chamber is located in Cleveland, which together with its metro area is the largest commercial center in Ohio. It is also a major shipping port for the Great Lakes, a hub for Continental Airlines, and home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Federal Reserve Bank.
Recently, SACC-Ohio started a satellite activity in Columbus to cover the important central and Southern Ohio regions. Nearly 50% of the US market for manufacturing, American households and population lie within an overnight shipping distance from Ohio. In addition, the Ohio region offers the following:
- Low cost of living in beautiful suburbs
- World class medical facilities, such as the Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals
- Strong technical business clusters including biotech, polymers, fuel cells, specialty manufacturing and design
- Excellent transportation infrastructure
- Leading legal, accounting and financial institutions
- A significant manufacturing base and supporting businesses
- Experienced workforce and abundant excellent institutions of higher education
- Outstanding, world-class cultural institutions
” To promote trade, commerce and investment between Sweden and the Ohio region.”
SACC-Ohio organizes monthly meetings except for the summer months. Most of these meetings will have the form of pleasant get-togethers for networking and discussions in a cozy atmosphere. We welcome both members and guests to all of our meetings.
Some months will feature bigger events, including company visits, joint meetings with other chambers, etc..
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, independent 501(c)(6) organization, tax ID: 94-1745247. What does 501(c)(6) mean?
The Executive Team
|Christian Bernadotte, Chairman
|Jim Hornyak, President
|Kenneth Palmman, Treasurer
|Lars Traner, Secretary
|Kent Kristensen, Business Development
|Bo Carlsson, Business Development
|Neil Whitford, Communication
|Inga Dollinger, Membership